This Policy explains why we collect personal data about individuals and how personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Bright Learners Private School (collectively, “Bright Learners Private School”, “BLPS” “we”, “our” or “us”). This Policy applies to visitors and website users (individually, “you”) of BLPS website. By visiting or using the Site to the extent permitted by applicable law, you are consenting to us gathering and processing information about you in accordance with this Policy, although consent may not be required for all of the elements described in this Policy. For particular types of information or processing, we may provide you with choices or request your further consent related to what information we collect and how we may process it.
How we collect your information
When you are visiting the Site, we may collect information you provide while making an enquiry. This may include: your first name, last name, email address, mobile number, job title, child/ children’s names and their grade/s, geo-location and other information you may provide about yourself on the site to which you provide us access via third-party platforms.
We collect information directly and indirectly through various sources:
- You may provide your details when you ask us for information, attend our events or contact us for any other reason.
- Information about your usage and activity on the Site is recorded using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other future technologies. See more details about cookies in the respective section.
- Information Sources include and are not limited to website, landing pages, digital campaigns, social media posts, events, email, phone, SMS and Whatsapp.
How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes (" Purposes"), to provide you with the services, and functionality offered through the Site and fulfil your requests, including but not limited to:
- Communicate with you about your enquiry and understand your requirement
- Provide you with the information you have requested for
- Respond to, or follow up on, your comments and queries, and otherwise provide customer service
- Communicate with you about special events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you
- Operate and improve the Site, services, and functionality
- Process and provide events to attend
- Tailor your experience on the Site, including search results and displaying relevant promotions
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Analyse the website usage, pattern and behaviour in order to make the information and design more useful, relevant and friendly
If you do not provide us with some of your information, we may not be able to fulfil the requested Purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide the Site to you. At times we may combine the different information provided through various sources (with your consent, where required) to serve you specifically, such as to deliver a service to you according to your preferences or restrictions, or for advertising or advertising targeting purposes.
Consistent with the above Purposes, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, WhatsApp message, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example: communicate with you about events, offers, promotions, upcoming events, admissions, and other news about services offered by Bright Learners Private School
How we keep your information safe
We understand the importance of keeping your information safe and take necessary measures to safeguard all the information we receive are kept safe and managed by authorised employees and third-party organisations. However, it is to be noted that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So, whilst we strive to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide online and you do this at your own risk.
Who else has access to your information?
- Other than us, third party businesses that we work with for marketing activities and events
- Search engine provider/s and analytics that help us improve the website and understand user behaviour
We do not share your information with third parties other than as described above and as follows: We may disclose your information to regulatory authorities, government agencies or other relevant third parties where we believe that doing so is in accordance with or permitted or as required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process to defend the interests, rights, and/or property of Bright Learners Private school or others, or to respond to emergencies.
We may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Information You Share on social media
The Site may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends. The Site may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which Bright Learners Private School has a presence. Please be mindful of your personal privacy needs and the privacy needs of others as you choose whom to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others. Bright Learners Private School also does not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly to learn about their privacy practices.
How long do we keep your information
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfil the Purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise needed to comply with applicable law and internal company policies.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Certain laws states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of the Site, but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
Opting out of cookies
If you do not wish to receive cookies from us, you should be able to turn cookies off on your web browser: please follow your browser provider’s instruction in order to do so. Unfortunately, we cannot accept liability for any malfunctioning of your PC or its installed web browser as a result of any attempt to turn off cookies.
Know your rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to personal information we hold about you
- Correction to the personal information we hold about you when incorrect, incomplete or out dated.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing activities
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal information after you withdraw that consent.
- To object to the way that we are processing your information if it is unnecessary for the purposes for which we have collected it or if such processing is discriminatory, prejudicial or in violation of the law
- To withdraw that consent whenever you change your mind
If we choose not to action your request at anytime for any reason, we will explain the reasons for our refusal.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Keeping your information. We will only use and store your information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long it will be stored for depends on the information in question, what it is being used for and, sometimes, statutory legal requirements.
Surveys and competitions
Our aim is to improve the services we offer. As a result, we periodically appeal our customers using surveys and contact you with the opportunity to enter competitions. Participation in surveys and competitions are voluntary, and you are under no obligation to reply to any survey you might receive from us or enter into any competition. Should you choose to do so, we will treat the information you provide with the same high standard of care as all other customer information.
The Site may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Bright Learners Private School. This Policy only applies to information collected by the Site. We have no control over these third-party websites, and your use of third-party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites linked to the Site. Your use of third parties' websites linked to the Site is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third-party websites when you leave one of the Site.
Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to change or update this policy from time to time as per the applicable law. If we make any significant changes we will advertise this on our website or contact you directly with the information where necessary. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically to make sure you are happy with any changes. We recommend that you read this Policy each time you consider giving your personal data to us.
This Policy was last updated in March 2023.
If you have any questions about this Policy or information, we have collected about you, please Contact Us on email@example.com . We will aim to respond to all queries within 30 business days.