Career Guidance Counseling
Greetings Parents and Students,
The counseling department at Bright Learners Private School is designed to support the personal, social, and academic success of all students, through academic guidance, individual planning, responsive services and system support. The overall goal of this department is to assure the preparedness of students as they enter university and/or the professional workforce.
Choosing a career is a process that every student goes through, career counseling helps them become more aware of their personal skills, aptitudes, values, and the demands of today’s work force.
The following questions can be a great way to start considering different career options:
• What do I enjoy doing?
• What kinds of activities are fun and fulfilling for me?
• What am I good at?
• What is my skill set?
• What are my values?
• What qualifications do I have, such as a degree or experience?
• How much money do I need to make to feel satisfied?
• What jobs are available in the place(s) I’d like to live?
• Do I want to travel?
• Is it important to me to be of service to others?
• Am I more interested in people or things?
• Am I willing to do what others tell me without question, or would I rather make most decisions on my own?
• To what degree do I need stability and security?
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”—Abraham Lincoln